Some random thoughts on the second trimester up until now (21 weeks)
- Do I really need to buy maternity clothes already at 13/14 weeks?! I feel like my normal pants fit just fine last week and now they are incredibly uncomfortable by the end of the day. Must purchase maternity pants ASAP.
- After three different pairs at three different stores, I finally found some maternity (capri) pants that fit me well! (They are Oh Baby! by Motherhood from Kohls. I have since gone back and bought a pair of pants of the same brand as well)
- The second trimester seemed so far away when I first found out, I can’t believe I’m a couple weeks into it already!
- Week 14/15 So glad my appetite is mostly back! It still is sometimes hard to get myself to eat things, but that is mainly when I’ve let my hunger go too long and any amount of work to make a meal is out of the question because the hunger is that urgent.
- Our air conditioning went out, and it happened to be on the two days of the Summer that it was 90+ degrees. I wouldn’t be happy with it even if I was not pregnant, but now even just a few minutes in the crazy heat makes me miserable. Good thing it was only out for about 24 hours!
- Week 18: I caught the cold that my husband had. 🙁 I don’t know why I thought I could avoid it, but it has hit me hard. And it seems so much worse because I can’t take the medication that I am used to because it isn’t pregnant lady friendly. Luckily my work is flexible so I chugged all of the water, and worked as little as possible for the week and things got better. Slowly but surely. Being sick and not being able to take anything for it was one of the most frustrating things about being pregnant so far.
- Week 18/19 Yep, definitely looking pregnant now. Or at least I think I am. I think it is still at the point that strangers would hesitate to ask, but I’m definitely growing out of clothes and starting to put away ones that can no longer be worn.
- I knew that my stomach would obviously prevent me from wearing “normal” non-maternity clothes, but I guess I didn’t realize my boobs would play such a factor too! Sometimes I feel like they are growing faster than my stomach.
- Baby was super uncooperative during the 20 week ultrasound and I there was a chance we wouldn’t be able to find out the gender. Luckily the ultrasound tech got a good view towards the end – its a girl! Since baby was so uncooperative we got no good face/whole body images, but the tech told us to stop back during our next visit and she will try to get us some better ones.