Just a few random thoughts from the first few months.
- Holy crap, pregnancy fatigue is real. Tiredest I’ve ever been. It is a rare day when I don’t take a nap.
- And it doesn’t help that I can’t seem to get comfortable and fall back asleep at night.
- Very little nausea and no vomiting, hooray! Though the aversion to ALL foods makes it tricky to eat anything anyways.
- In case you ever want to prove to yourself how strong your willpower is, stop drinking caffeinated beverages cold turkey. And then continue it for several months. Yes, I did that. No, I don’t intend to be 100% caffeine free the entire 40 weeks, I just figured the first trimester was most important to abstain. We will see how long it lasts.
- My hips and back hurt. Already. That’s not what I was expecting. Oh boy.
- My first pregnancy purchase for myself was a Snoogle. Yep, that giant body pillow thing that seems to be all the rage. I really didn’t think I would buy one – mainly because there isn’t much room in our bed – but I am SO glad that I did. Though sleeping is still not fantastic, it is SO much better with the support/comfort of the Snoogle.
- Acne. Its back worse than when I was a teenager.
- You know how the tabloids like to call out everyone who touches their stomach as pregnant? Well, it’s kind of a real thing. Maybe I did it before and just never realized it, but I feel like I touch/put my hand on my stomach all the time even though there isn’t really a visible bump there.