So, we finally started actually pinning down some ideas for the nursery! The room is pretty small, so I don’t want to do anything too intense or pattern heavy, but I think I have a good idea of what I want to do.

Color Scheme:

Grey, White, Eggplant, Teal

nurserycolors

You know that I wasn’t going to go for the bring pink.  I’m planning on mostly grey and white with some eggplant and teal highlights.

Furniture:

White furniture is what I’m going for.  (I hope I don’t regret this in the future when she learns to draw on things)  White crib, white changing table/dresser, white and grey glider. The room is pretty small, so I’m hoping all of these things fit comfortably.

Walls:

I’m not sure what I’m doing with the walls yet.  Like I said, the room is small, so I don’t want to over-do the walls with patterns or anything.

Some ideas:

Wide grey stripes on one wall.

greystripe

(source)

One teal accent wall

tealwalle

(source)

Or maybe one purple accent wall?

I know that I don’t want to paint the room a whole solid color (unless its white) and I know that I don’t want pattern all over the walls.  Any other ideas welcome!

As far as wall decor, the main thing that I have planned is some kind of gallery wall, like this one:

gallerywall

(source)

Closet:

Something like this is what we have planned of the closet:

closet

(source)

Oh, and also the room has hardwood floors, so I’m planning on finding a rug that will work.  I’m hoping for something solid eggplant and not too fancy or frilly.

Step 1: clean things (including cat litter box, old dressert, twin bed, etc) out of room that will be nursery.

7 Comments

1. Posted September 9, 2014 at 8:21 am | Permalink

My friend did the striped wall and it is a lot of work to get it right! But looks super cute when its done. I think it would be fun to paint the inside of the closet purple or teal, as it would stand out but not overwhelm.

• admin
      Posted September 9, 2014 at 9:47 am | Permalink

That is a good idea to paint the inside of the closet! I think I would probably go for the teal, because I’m afraid the purple would make it too dark looking and hard to find things. (Because we all know it isn’t going to stay that super organized forever!)

2. Lynne
    Posted September 9, 2014 at 3:48 pm | Permalink

I think there is something in cat litter that you are supposed to stay away from when you are pregnant…

• admin
      Posted September 9, 2014 at 3:51 pm | Permalink

Yes, it can carry disease. Don’t worry, I stay away from it 🙂

3. Lynne
    Posted September 9, 2014 at 3:56 pm | Permalink

Toxoplasmosis. Can cause birth defects. Guess the husband gets to clean the litter box until January! PS love the white and Greg color scheme. Crisp and clean

4. Posted September 9, 2014 at 4:01 pm | Permalink

I’d vote for the teal accent wall and then colorful bedding, changing pad cover, pillows and artwork. I’m already planning to make you something that would be lovely in a gallery wall, so I’m glad to know the color scheme!!

• admin
      Posted September 9, 2014 at 8:47 pm | Permalink

You are so sweet, now I’m looking forward to whatever you are making! 🙂

And yes, I’m definitely going for colorful accents along with the mostly grey and white room.